Here is where you will discover current staff openings at Point Washington United Methodist Church. Check the listings below for available positions.
About Point Washington United Methodist Church:
Point Washington United Methodist Church is a thriving community of faith in the 6th fastest growing county in the United States. An historic congregation of the United Methodist Church, Point Washington UMC offers both traditional and contemporary worship services and engages members in mission and outreach within our community and beyond. We are a church home to locals, part-time residents, and visitors because of our unique location on the shores of paradise – between the Choctawhatchee Bay and the beautiful white beaches of Florida’s 30A!
About the Director of Children’s Ministry Position:
Point Washington UMC seeks to create an environment where children and their families are welcomed with Christian hospitality and nurtured as disciples of Jesus Christ in order to be sent into the world to convey God’s love. Our mission is To Know Christ, To Love Christ, To Make the Love of Christ Known. With this in mind, the Director of Children’s Ministry will seek to thoroughly integrate the mission of the church with the programs and activities of the Children’s Ministry. The Director of Children’s Ministry will provide visionary and inspiring leadership as we expand our ministries with children and their families to meet the rapid growth surrounding our church.
The Director of Children’s Ministry will be a leader who desires to serve out of her or his dedication to the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to work with joy as a member of the body of Christ to the glory of God. As such, the Director of Children’s Ministry has the ultimate goal of making disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
General Description: The Director of Children's Ministry is full-time position on the lay staff of the church with overall responsibility for the planning, development, and implementation of an integrated program focused on children emphasizing worship, study, service, and fellowship.
• Profess Christianity and uphold The 2016 Discipline of The United Methodist Church
• Plan, schedule, and prepare new and ongoing programs, ministries, and activities for children including age-appropriate curricula based on the population of children in the church and
• Select and coordinate the implementation of curriculum for all children’s ministry programming
• Collaborate with the senior pastor regarding Children's Church in the order of worship
• Prepare and supervise the portion of the church budget allocated for the children's ministry
• Coordinate the recruitment and training of teachers and leaders for Sunday School classes and children's church as well as chaperones, helpers, and other volunteers for children's ministries
• Develop, submit, and implement a strategy for advertising children's ministry to the
• Follow Safe Sanctuary procedures for all children's programming
• Maintain all children's facilities and spaces in a neat and orderly fashion
• Attend all staff meetings and other meetings as designated
• Participate in activities and functions, special workshops and continuing education programs
related to Christian education and children's ministries
• Other duties as assigned
Anticipated Time Commitments: The position is considered to be full-time with an average weekly expectation of 40 hours per week.
Salary Range: $38,000 to $43,000. Salary negotiable based on experience.
Supervision: This position is under the direct supervision of the senior pastor.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities and Experience:
• Experience in the development and leadership of children's ministries
• Excellent interpersonal skills, both verbal and written, in order to communicate well with
parents and children
• Ability to recruit, train, and inspire volunteers
• Strong leadership ability and organizational skills
• Love for children and appreciation for their worth as individuals
• Knowledge of available resources for children's ministries and their application to spiritual
• Demonstrate an agreeable, cooperative, and positive attitude
• Bachelor's degree in Christian Education or Education (preferred)
• Master of Theological Education or Master of Divinity (preferred)
To Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume to the attention of Rev. Amy Persons at email@example.com. Both cover letter and resume are necessary for an application to be reviewed.
You may download a PDF file of this position description by CLICKING HERE.